Monday, November 9, 2009

Today: Epic Fail
I attempted to make lip balm. Lesson number 1, make sure you have bee's wax, paraffin just does not work...but then again I was missing a lot of other things as well.
But they smell really great
I made honey vanilla and sugar peppermint...with all the wrong ingredients and it is more like lip gloss with a hard shell on it and in the wrong container...so...I will have to attempt this at a later date

For reference:

20% Beeswax
25% solid at room temperature oil (Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Shea Butter, Lanolin, etc.)
15% brittle at room temperature oil (Regular Cocoa Butter, Palm Kernel Oil, etc.)
40% liquid oil at room temperature (Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, etc.)

The tubes will hold about .15 ounces of product.
The pots will hold about .25 ounces of product.

Also I Found some good notes on this site, the title of which is intriguing. Will investigate.
http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/lipbalm/

No comments:

Post a Comment